Tuesday, October 5, 2010

There's A Way To Be Good Again

'There's a way to be good again'.

I have read 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini. The book was splendid. The line above was my favourite part of the book. Rahim Khan said that to Amir in a letter he sent to the latter. I never thought Rahim Khan would have that powerful line because he was not much of a told character in the book, to me he was just Amir father's good friend. But then, he was the one who said to Amir, 'there's a way to be good again'.

I believe in it.
I believe there is a way to be good again.
Right now I'm dead inside.
I know the exact path I should take.
I know what to avoid.
I know what I need.
I know what I have to do.
But then again,
I'm not exactly sure when to hit the 'START' button.
When to set my car gear to 'DRIVE'.
When to running, even after the gun shot.
When to start jumping into the pool, even after the whistle blow.
When to smile, even after the photographer counted to three.

Some people blame on fate. Blame on God because they say He set it that way. But I don't. I know everything happens for a reason, and I can change my fate IF I wanted to. The question is not whether I want it or not, but how much I want it. Everyone has a big opportunity to be good. Everyone. From a murderer who may have murdered a hundred lives, to a little boy who may have wrote 'I hate you' to a friend; everyone has the space to do good.

Do good.


2 comments:

  1. oh.
    i'm loving this one.
    tu laaa//
    slalu rs nk berubah.
    n tahu cmne nk berubah.
    cuma......x rasa diri ni ready utk berubah.
    i want to quote ur words. tq

    -hz-

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.thanks hz.spread it.spread my blog!hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Sharing Is Caring :)