Saturday, June 12, 2010

As Soon As I Re-watched 'Confession Of A Shopaholic'~LOL!

I noticed that I often write things, I have inspiration to actually write a novel, but I end up not finishing anything, not even a single completed writing accomplished. And I know the very one reason why. I don’t have anything valuable, worth to read kind of thing in my writings—I called it, lesson. Without lessons, a story is just another story to forget; just another story that people see with an eye, or even not seen at all, it’s like dining on an empty plate in a five star hotel—you felt the experience of a fine dining, but you don’t feel the satisfaction from the food.

A story, a good writings are a combinations of stories and lessons, put together, mingled in sometimes directly to tell you things exactly as it is; or it can be very subtle than you noticed it when you really read and feel the words and the dialogues and the silent gestures you made up in your mind. Savour the moments of reading—it’s a good line, I love it.

I am a man, but I have to admit that most men don’t read, I’m not talking rubbish, I don’t make the statistics too but I pretty much know from my experience. From a little child I am always fond of books. I love a book with a lot of cartoons, words in big-prints and the colours—I just can’t let go. And when I’m big enough to have my own pocket money, going into a bookstore felt like diving in a pool party, or playground, or karaoke box—basically anything fun. I always love bookstores, but I don’t have that much money to buy everything I like, everything I would love to lay my hands on to read. No, I don’t. Easier picture would be, maybe those kinds of feelings the women felt when designer clothes were sold on half-price.

What about them, I mean, the book, what make them so good? I don’t know. I don’t exactly know how to describe them; it’s just felt good and right. I wish I could own them, and be in it forever! I don’t mind that sometimes entering a large bookstore felt like entering a maze, I don’t mind not getting out. MPH, Kinokuniya, and my all-time favourite, Borders, they all got these attractions that are so ineffable!

As much as I love reading and books and writing, I didn’t as much wanted to be a writer. Although I often fantasized of being a famous book writer, and then my books being adapted to movies, I just thought of writings as an activity to fill up my free times. But who knows right? I might end up being a writer!

16 comments:

  1. they say that u'll know it's a good book when when u're in the last chapter, nearing the end, u feel like u're loosing a good friend

    i think that's quite true, don't u?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know i exactly felt like im loosing a good friend bcos those r my books~hahaha..and i kept them..hahaha..but i know it's a good book when i start rereading them over n over again!hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do.
    i do get that kind of feeling. but only with really good books. i'd be like - aah, that's it? i want more!
    i'd go crazy if i stumble upon it's sequel. i just have to have it.
    haha.. more or less.

    i dont usually read more than once. as the books i read, most of them are not mine. i borrow. i frequently do, u know, from friends, library. i'd sometimes read at bookshops - as long as they keep me in their shop, haha..

    i dig adventurous, screaming, killing, running, kind of books. made me feel like i'm in it. but i havent been reading much of those for a while now. my 'reading material'(aah, sound cheesy to me!)have changed. i read worldview, philosophy, history, self-improvement now(i just made myself sounded old.sigh!). i just figured out that they aren't so bad(maybe i am old!double sigh!!). heheh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. u know wat, i've been reading all harry potter books more than twice, i dont exactly know how much but im perfectly sure it's more than three times too...hahahaha...dont u just love jk rowling???n yeah, self-improvement books sounds old,hahahaha...but maybe i'll get 'the freedom writers' book someday-it's under slef-improvement too, but it's the only book from that section tht caught my eyes, n the movie is great too.:D

    i love fantasy, but now, i felt like getting to mostly love stories, but not that kinda too romantic, but i do love books y nicholas sparks...hahahaha....im not a fan of history, nor philosophy, i went for lite reading only and sometimes i like classic english literature, im reading 'to kill a mockingbird' at the moment and there's 'wuthering heights' i meant to read after that~hahahaha...hey maybe u want to take a trip to kinokuniya or mph or borders with me sometimes...:DDDD..hahaha....those are my playground XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some books i’d like to read. Are they yours? Mind borrowing me? Hahahha :)

    I love the one by Rachel Cohn. She wrote gingerbread, then later its sequel, shrimp. N they’re not about food, just so u know. :) I read gingerbread in the bookstore (while my mother did her shoppinag). i bought it because i feel like i can relate so much to it. i just had to own it. haha..

    Don’t laugh, but i like nancy drew and Ashley and mary-kate olsen series. Hahahah.. ok, u can laugh. But most girls in my school did, hence, i’m normal. hahah..

    And don’t quite remember the rest. one shot, freaky green eyes, i can hardly remember anymore; S i only read them once. Hahaha...

    Owh? Go to the bookstore? I’d like to. Why not?
    But how will we recognize each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of those book are mine, im taking it with me back to uia pretty soon...two weeks more..:DDD...and yeah, u can borrow it...i wont laugh bcos at school i used to read a few nancy drew but never never never the twins'....hahahaha...i dont want to look too girly LOL! sure you'll recognize me, i've got my pics up there, look at my twitter corner! it's u im worried abt bcos i dont know u at all, i guess~hahahaa....

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm... i dont know.. i just feel that it's hard to recognize u relying only on that tiny photo of urs. hahah..

    this is getting weird.lets change topic!
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is WEIRD...hahhaaha...never brought that up ever again LOL!!! i actually have a list of books i wanna buy, and on top priority is 'the last song' by nicholas sparks, and i've decided to buy everything from nicholas sparks bit by bit, afther the last song wud be nights in rodanthe...hahahaha....i just watched the movie which is very touching, so i tot the book wud be even more so..hahaha...

    oh yeah, stephenie meyer's too; eclipse n breaking down, i borrowed it from a friend so now i wanna own so to have a complete set of twilight saga :DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah, anyone who can write story as good as a walk to remember, i think reading the rest of his book won't be disappointing.Buy them all azam shah, and then u let me borrow.hahaha...

    XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. sure2, i've read dear john, im bringing it, u wanna borrow? im pretty sure im getting new books, early semester still got loads of money :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh... great. i love it when i get to read good book without having to pay for it.
    yay! XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yeah? hahaha...what about rm2 per day? :DDDD...hahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  13. keep ur book! n i'll keep my precious rm2!

    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha...i think early semester rm2 will not be a problem...ptptn dah masok...ahaha...:DDD

    ReplyDelete

Sharing Is Caring :)