Monday, July 25, 2011

Prologue To X

Hey guys! Thanks for reading 'If I Have A Little More Time', I thought I better post my work here to share with you guys, I know some might be a little cheesy, but here I have something else installed for you! I've been working with this one for quite a while, and by far the most progressed writings I've done so far, but this one is not a short story, I thought of developing this into a novel. I have quite a number of chapters done already. But here's a prologue I wanted to share. I'm not sure about the title yet, I want a really seducing title, but at the same time didn't really reveal the whole concept of the story (Okay, I codenamed it: X at the moment), but for now, enjoy yeah! And always, I appreciate comments from you guys, and share it around okay! :)


PROLOGUE TO X

It was dark at night; the sound of the waves rushing to the edge of the beach became the melody of the hour. It’s almost midnight; almost no one at the beach, only a late party yards away still in the light. And there was a man at the beach, alone. He walked along the beach, and then climbed a few flight of wooden stairs to a jetty, a cigarette in his hand. He strolled slowly on the jetty, taking his time while puffing smokes into the clean, fresh midnight air. The moon was almost full; but all the same as bright as always. He gazed at the imperfect giant ball of light and then sang a tune, wordlessly. A tune only someone special can hear. A tune only someone special can understand.

A little while later he came back to a quiet. From afar, he saw disturbance on the sea surface, too abnormal to be mistaken for mere waves. He knew he’d been heard and as it drew nearer he stepped closer to the edge of the jetty, another man appeared from it. He looked exactly alike to the man on the jetty.

‘Any luck brother?’ the man in the water asked. The brother dropped the cigarette and stares at the moon again.

‘I’m no more than just a quiet mystery man,’ he replied. He took off his shirt and pants and jump into the cold sea water. And as the water touch his skin, his legs transform into something peculiar; the two legs attached together coated with glittering green emerald scales all the way to his toes which in turn, turned into a playful fabric-like tails. He indeed had tails substituting his legs, and as if it was normal for him he continued swimming in the sea water—as cold as it was, seemed to have not affect him at all.

His brother caught with him a minute later, he has dark blue tails instead of green, but sparkled all the same.

‘Maybe next time you will talk to her first Morgan,’ the blue-tailed merman said.

The green-tailed merman, Morgan swam quietly, probably in deep thinking. He had found love, the love which was forbidden for him and his entire kind. The love with a human. No one knows of course he has been transforming now and again into human but his brother who has been on his own tug and war to stop or stop his brother from doing things that will bring wrath from their father.

‘Some things aren’t that simple Gerald, especially the world up there,’ he said later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing Is Caring :)