Saturday, July 23, 2011

If I Have A Little More Time (Part Four-Final Part)

Here's the final part of 'If I Have A Little More Time'! Missed the earlier parts? Here you go!


And here's the final part, enjoy!


IF I HAVE A LITTLE MORE TIME (PART FOUR-FINAL PART)

No one spoke anything for a minute after the others went down. Mom made them lunch.

‘The last time, you wanted to see me, you wanted to tell me about this right?’ she asked. Her voice cracked.

‘Yes, and no,’ I replied. ‘Yes I really wanted to tell you, but no, I’ve made up my mind not to tell anyone until the time comes,’ I continued. We fell quite again. Even as the cold wind blew in the winter, but at the moment, it felt just hot, and tense.

‘I don’t want to ask why, you made it clear you want to let us stay happy,’ she pointed, ‘but you are wrong,’ there it was. She argued to mostly everything I said, even as I’m dying on my deathbed! ‘We choose to be happy, Jeremy, not you. What happened to you, is, by far the most terrible things happened in my life so far, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be happy Jer.’

‘What do you mean? I thought I saved you guys the trouble,’ I said.

‘Save us from the trouble? No you’re not, you’re saving the trouble for us instead!’ she snapped and got up from her seat at walked towards me. ‘Time didn’t matter Jer, what matters is, what happened to you. You don’t think we can handle that if you had told us months back? We can, Jeremy, we totally can. We might cry for a while but then we know at least we had some time left to spend with you, to keep you company! You telling us now, nearing your—,’ she choked a bit, ‘—nearing your end of time, is not how we wanted to know.’

I never thought of that. I always thought the news would make them sad, and be pitiful to me all the time. Now I felt selfish again. All this time I avoided being selfish, but I’m acting like one nonetheless.

‘I, I didn’t know that. All this time I really feel like I need to care of you guys,’ I said, re-evaluating the things I’ve done but she cut me before I could finish my say. ‘That is where you are wrong, we didn’t need you to take care of us, we’re not sick! You are! And you should have let us taking care of you,’ she snapped again. And she’s always right, that’s a pain. But she really was a great girl. But now she went out with another guy.

‘We broke up,’ she said as if she knew what I was thinking. ‘I don’t think it’s fair for him that I actually am in love with another guy.’ She held my hands and I knew exactly who that another guy was.

‘I love you,’ I said.

***

KATY

It was early spring when Jeremy passed. His funeral was lovely, on his grave was written ‘A man loving others more than himself’. His parents picked that for they knew the whole story. We had two weeks together before he passed. And everytime he went back to sleep, or felt like sleeping he would whisper ‘I love you’ to me. Towards the end, he didn’t speak much, I mostly read to him. His mom was happy enough to let me stay in their guestroom to help taking care of him. They wanted me to stay there, ‘he’ll want you to stay,’ they said when I tried to decline the offer. His parents took care of him when I left for school, and I took charge when I arrived. The others often stopped by to see him, Justin and Fred the most; they’d stayed for dinner and then left. It was great.

I had his letters in my hand, I changed my mind every second about wanting to read the letter or not. I haven’t heard anything from the others, but maybe they too have trouble wanting to opened the envelope.

At last, I ripped the envelop open and open up the folded letter. He wrote a page;

Dear Katy,

It is my wished that you read this after I’m gone. But you should always remember this, I am in love you with you, no matter what.

I’ve never been sure of almost anything in my life, but after I quit the school and then you broke up with me, I felt something else. I realized I had a little courage, and that’s when I went to the hospital to check. I always knew that there’s something wrong with me, but little did I know I’m going to die because of it. I never told anyone this, but when Dr. Riley told me I had leukemia, I laughed!

And I know, the day you knew what I’m having, you’ll be around, so I thanked you in advance, just in case, I didn’t wish you (but it you don’t it’s okay, though, I’m sure you had better things to do). But I knew you would.

I’m sorry for all the things I made that pained you, I know I’ve done a lot but you should know you have always been the best interest in my heart. You have always been, even since we were just a kid. You’ve been an angel to me, whether you know it or not, but you’re always are. I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to say goodbye to you, but if you read this, that means I’m gone.

Katherine Greene,

You are very special to me, and forever always, ever since the first time we met when you shared your lunch with me in first grade. I remembered stumbling and my lunch was all over the place, and then I saw this pretty little girl helped me, and later on she became my bestfriend, and then my girlfriend. It was amazing to see both of us evolve from that very moment.

Don’t afraid to go out, the guy you’ve been seeing, he’s kinda cute (kidding!). If ever he’s mean to you, I’ll haunt him!

Now, I don’t have anything else to write, no, there’s too much to write actually, so very little time left for me. I wish I have a little more time. But you should know, I am in love with you, no matter what.

With Love;

Jeremy Woods

I cried. I didn’t shake it, I let it out. The fact that he remembered the first time we met, that was amazing. I wish to see more, I wish he had written more. I wish he had a little more time.

3 comments:

  1. AZAMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KO MMG NK KENA!

    -hz-

    ReplyDelete
  2. ape salah aku weh???? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely written...or i couldnt have made sumthing like this....very descriptive, i almost shed tears at the end of part 2 and 3~ but u shud've double checked it :)) all in all, i give u 3.5 out of 5...keep up the good work Azam *winks*

    ReplyDelete

Sharing Is Caring :)