Saturday, July 10, 2010

Books And Temptations

Temptations!!!
We're easily tempted.Because human have desires, built-in.
Sometimes we didn't know.
I was tested yesterday.
Not with the flashing fashions, or glorious food
But those books...they stare at you from the shelves
Calling you silently.
And as if you're being spelled, you're drawn nearer and nearer.
You touch them.Fresh and new.
You said, "This is it, I'm going to buy only this book".
But then the books at the back shelves whispered,
"I'm going to be a good company in your flight".
And you end up at the counter giving bigger bucks than you should have.


p/s-this is, again, is a monologue. I bought to books yesterday, originally just 'The Kite Runner', but then I stumbled upon something interesting by Stephenie Meyer, called 'The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner-an eclipse novella'. How can you resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing Is Caring :)