Saturday, December 15, 2012

Run

Every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I run.I run for my sake. For my health. But I don't run all the way. Most of the time I just walk and soak in the ever changing environment around me. I run on a path less travelled. Somewhere I can find an hour or peace, with a little disturbance from the vehicles, but it is not so bad. The thing is, I love running now. I don't want to miss it ever. I will not go running only when it's raining. Other than that I feel obligated - but good obligation, something that I am happy to do. I feel free.

A lot of things happened to me this year. It is a challenge. It is one of the toughest year. One of the most emotional years I have ever had in my life. I thank Allah that I am still standing, still strong to go through this life. I am grateful for the positive energy running through my veins. I do get down at times, but somehow I manage to grasp the light and keep it close so I won't fall into the bottomless pit of darkness. I am glad for that. It gets me thinking, what would happen if I couldn't see any hope in front of me?

But there is always hope. It's a cliche, but cliche doesn't mean the thing is not true. It just means, it does happen. Hope does exist and I believe in that. I am reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, it is a great book. One of the greatest book I have ever read, at least to me. I am halfway through reading the book but I can tell you that, it is about personal growth through and through. There are low points in our life, and there are some silver linings.

I may not be studying. I may have dropped out of college, though unofficially yet, I may not be working with big companies and making enough money to support my family. But at least now I am doing something to bring in something. I just wish I found it sooner, so at least I could have bought my brother and my new sister-in-law something as a wedding gift. I'll get them something, for sure. Just not now. 

See, I have a lot of thoughts in my head. And sometimes, I just can't control them as the spiral in my brain and induce stress on me. So, I run. Somehow running clear my head. It's not that I stopped thinking, it's just I can organize my thoughts clearly when I'm running. I don't run from my problem. I just face them while I ran. Two birds, one stone.

1 comment:

  1. it's good that u can run when u feel bad..as for me, i'll exert myself in studying..i want to do something, walking around and relax, but the thoughts come to my mind..'that's not what i should do, i hv no time to waste..i must get better results.'..although i actually know that it's not a waste of time..i just couldn't understand myself..

    ReplyDelete

Sharing Is Caring :)